The IFB Solutions Coronavirus Response Team frequently consults with key staff in all areas of IFB business units, reviews CDC guidelines and receives guidance from IFB medical staff as policies, protocols and requirements are established. This team is responsible for communicating and enforcing the following best practices. Employees and guests are required to follow these protocols where applicable.
Face Cover Policy
North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper has announced a mandatory mask order that is now in effect across North Carolina. As IFB Solutions’ corporate headquarters is in North Carolina, compliance is applicable to all IFB Solutions operations, even those in other states.
As part of the mandate, “masks must be worn in retail stores, supermarkets, construction sites, manufacturing plants, meat processing facilities, personal care businesses and restaurants. These businesses will be susceptible to citations and other penalties if all employees–and their customers–are not wearing a face covering.” IFB has provided all employees with a mask or plastic shield. We’ve developed a face covering policy to support the state’s mandate.
Employees can find the full policy under their employee Paycom account and via downloadable PDF here. Here are the highlights:
- For your safety, IFB is operating all locations under a mandatory face covering policy until further notice.
- Generally, face coverings in the workplace are required by all employees, contractors, visitors, etc. with very limited exceptions including:
- When you are in an enclosed office with no one else present
- When you are outside and able to maintain a consistent minimum of six-foot social distance
- When you are eating in the cafeteria or designated dining areas
- You should bring your own face covering to work. IFB will also provide a face covering for use.
- Any exception requests will be evaluated for accommodation, which would only be made where justified and possible in the Company’s sole discretion without endangering the safety of others.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment
Anyone who enters the building will be required to undergo a health screening. This includes a temperature check and a survey. You’ll be asked if you have a fever, trouble breathing, have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19 or if anyone in your household has tested for COVID-19 recently. Any employee who is sick is REQUIRED to stay home. Guests who are sick will not be permitted to enter the building. Please evaluate your personal health before arriving to IFB Solutions.
Surfaces, bathrooms, and machinery are sanitized throughout the day by janitorial staff. Employees have access to disinfecting wipes and other cleaning supplies to disinfect their workspace. Employees are encouraged to avoid sharing workspaces, however certain product lines require shared equipment to complete the product. If you use shared equipment, you are required to sanitize it with disinfecting wipes before use, which you can get from your supervisor. If supervisors are running low on cleaning supplies, contact Angela Jordan at AJordan@ifbsolutions.org.
Air filters are changed frequently, and doors in certain areas of our buildings are open to allow air to circulate. Hand sanitizer is placed throughout all IFB facilities. Please use often.
- Cafeteria – tables have been adjusted to reflect social distancing. TADs room is open for extra seating in Winston-Salem. A sighted employee will help employees who are blind space out appropriately. Lunch schedules are staggered to avoid large group gatherings. Surfaces are sanitized before and after lunch times. Sneeze guards have been added to the food line where applicable.
- Manufacturing – Equipment has been moved to a distance of at least 6 feet apart where possible. Some equipment has been rotated. Traffic flow has been adjusted in some of our buildings where appropriate. Masks/face shields have been distributed and are available for all employees.
- Teleworking – Any IFB employee who can work from home is encouraged to do so. Teleconferencing is encouraged. An office schedule will be maintained by the executive team and executive assistants.
- Gatherings – Smoking sections are limited to areas where smokers can safely socially distance. Break rooms are monitored and congregating in groups is not allowed.
IFB Solutions has medical staff ready to treat and/or advise employees with any medical needs or questions. If you are feeling sick, and your primary care doctor can’t be reached, please contact the IFB medical professional in your location. Staff is prepared to conduct phone consultations.
See the Awareness and Resources section to review CDC prevention guidelines.