In the event an employee tests positive for COVID-19, the following protocols will be followed:
- As soon as the positive case is reported to IFB, the Coronavirus Response Team will immediately meet via teleconference and assess the situation and execute an action plan. Factors to be considered in the decision-making process include, but are not limited to, number of positive cases, location of the employee’s workspace, and how many people have been potentially exposed.
- Any employee who tests positive will be REQUIRED to isolate for at least 10 days, according to CDC guidelines. The employee will not be allowed to come back to work until he or she is symptom free and has been cleared by our medical staff and Coronavirus Response Team. We will not identify any employee who tests positive for COVID-19.
- Contact tracing will begin immediately upon notification of a positive case of COVID-19. Anyone who was within 6 feet of the positive employee for longer than 10 minutes will be contacted by a member of the IFB safety or medical teams, asked to get a COVID-19 test and will need to quarantine. CDC guidelines will be followed during contact tracing. If the test is negative, the quarantined employees may return to work. If he or she is showing symptoms, even with a negative test, the quarantine process continues until the employee is symptom free. If you are on our contact tracing list, you will be paid for the time you are asked to stay home through the People First Fund.
- Your local health department, or the organization that administered your test, may advise you to refrain from returning to work or even provide you with a timeframe in which you may return to work. You are required to follow the return to work timeline provided by IFB Solutions’ medical team unless otherwise authorized by IFB. If you have not been added to our contract tracing list, but would like to independently seek a COVID-19 test on your own accord, you may do so. Please note that in this case, you will use your PTO while you are waiting test results and not be paid through the People First Fund.
- Our safety team will proceed with disinfecting the area where the infected employee was stationed. For more information regarding CDC disinfecting guidelines visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/disinfecting-building-facility.html
Link to CDC’s recommendations for critical infrastructure businesses: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/critical-infrastructure-sectors.html