Job Description: To obtain payment for goods and provide customers with assistance for processing sales orders.
Reports to: Store Manager
Location: Washington DC
- Answers telephone and welcomes customers by greeting them and learning their shopping purpose.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks, counters and assisting customer with online purchases.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence and offering suggestions and opinions. Knowledgeable of our Ecommerce program.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand merchandise requirements.
- Operating a cash register. Identifies to management any discrepancies identified at time of sale. Help verify any negative sales.
- Balance register by running appropriate end of day report from POS.
- Provides total customer satisfaction with friendly, courteous, and professional attitude.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Checkout areas are to be clean, organized and stocked with all items necessary (i.e. bags, catalogs, and SPO forms). Help with general housekeeping of the store.
- Resolves customer dissatisfactions by planning and directing the receipt, investigation, evaluation, and settling of complaints and claims; following up with customers; personally resolving difficult situations or bring to attention of management if cashier cannot resolve.
- Recommends potential products or services to Management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Prepares/maintains data for filing by compiling and sorting information and maintains according to established procedures.
- Operating copying/fax machines.
- Advises management on need to purchase/restock register receipt tape and bin labels, bags. Work Not in Stock Report and updated NIS tags.
- Must work in a team effort and foster spirit of cooperation.
- Must adhere to company dress code policy outlined in the Employee Manual. Appearance will be neat and clean at all times.
- Take receipt of incoming property in the absence of the Warehouse Clerk. Verifies items received by checking information of items according to proper paperwork; inspecting condition of items; comparing count/measure of items to packing list.
- Maintains inventory by marking, labeling and placing items in stock and recording bin locations for new items. Maintains store appearance by ensuring stock is front facing, shelving/merchandise is clean. Replaces bin labels when price changes are updated.
- Fills customer requests received via Fax /Email by pulling from shelf and recording on order form any stock shortage and new item adds.
- Keeps customers informed by confirming and clarifying orders.
- Controls inventory levels by participating in annual physical inventory or any other
- Conduct daily cycle count deemed necessary by Management.
Experience/Education: Must have high school diploma or GED. No experience require.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have knowledge of Windows 95 or higher and adequate keyboard skills.
- Must be able to proficiently operate a computer.
- Working with customers in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment is necessary.