Position Description: Operates various types of sewing machines and sews to the proper specifications as outlined in the quality control procedure manual. Moves material from one section to another for maximum efficiency.
Reports To: Department Supervisor
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Check all safety devices to assure they are in working order and in place at all times.
- Check the quality of the work to assure that it meets all specification.
- Retrieve and /or distribute materials as needed.
- Notify supervisor of any quality or machinery problems.
- Material Handling of raw materials and/or sub-assemblies is also a part of the duties for this position.
- Operate various types of sewing machine proficiently, while achieving all production standards and goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have the ability to follow instructions.
- Must have ability to understand written and verbal specifications and translate
Experience and Education: Can be trained to do this job.