Part time 16-29 hours a week – MUST be legally blind
Position Location: Work From Home
Scope of Work:
If you are blind and would like to work from home, you may qualify for an online job in customer service, technical support, quality control, or many other types of work. IFB Solutions has created a business model around staffing contracts with people to work at home using dependable current technology. We need Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to provide excellent customer service with a high degree of product and service knowledge, and to meet standards and goals specified by our clients. Working at home requires a high level of self-motivation and competitiveness, and is a great platform for people who thrive in a less social, more focused environment.
If you have excellent hardware and software skills and experience in the following, please consider applying for this position.
- Verbal and written communication
- Stress management techniques
- Customer service
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- High level of work quality and quantity
- Good work habits and a positive attitude
- Flexible and self-sufficient
- Team oriented
For this position, you will be required to:
- Master computer hardware and software skills necessary to perform the assigned Work-at-Home duties.
- Learn and apply ergonomic safety practices.
- Establish and maintain a safe home office environment.
- Ensure the work takes precedence over family and home matters during home office hours.
- Make arrangements for dependent care, if applicable.
We will match you with work-at-home opportunities suited to your situation and requirements, and provide a unique opportunity to earn income while achieving work-life balance. If you have experience in a role requiring you to work well with people, negotiate, overcome objections, and/or up sell/cross sell, apply now to be a part of our Team.
Candidates will be responsible for providing superior customer service in their home-based office. A safe, home office, free from all background noise during the hours you are scheduled to work is necessary. The CSR will take inbound calls or make outbound calls, depending on the assigned campaign. The successful candidate will be friendly, efficient, flexible, have a passion for customer service excellence and enjoy helping people. A tactful manner and ability to effectively deal with difficult situations is a must. The agent will be responsible for accurately documenting all correspondence with end-users.
Required Skills and Training:
- Ability to use assistive technology effectively
- Effective listening skills & outstanding verbal communication skills
- Polished delivery: ability to communicate in a structured and effective manner.
- Handle customer requests professionally and with empathy
- Analytical and resourceful problem-solving skills
- Proper telephone etiquette
- Aptitude for learning & recalling details
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple tasks in order to complete in a timely manner
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills/technical aptitude; multi-tasking skills and demonstrated use of several applications
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting; a strong work ethic
- Flexibility to work different shifts
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and adapt accordingly to the needs of the position
- Experience with working from home
- General database searching skills
- Proven ability to anticipate customer needs
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Technically savvy, may be required to troubleshoot problems
- Take in or receive information from the computer audibly and parrot it back verbally to the caller
- Wage $10 an hour
- Periodic – discretionary cash bonuses
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 6 months or more of customer service experience
- Keyboard 25 wpm or better
- Proficient in computer technology (Word, Excel) and assistive technology (JAWS, Magic, ZoomText)
- High speed data entry speed and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in multiple windows of activity simultaneously
- Must be legally blind
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus
- Home Office
- Comfortable and ergonomically safe furniture and office setup
- Quiet, free of any background noise
- Computer in good working order with Windows 7 or Windows 8 (specifications: i3 processor, 2 gHz speed, 4 gb RAM)
- Any required assistive technology – which must be compatible with the VPN and server. JAWS 12 Pro with Remote Desktop is the only compatible screen reader.
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Subscription to a reliable, high-speed, hard-wired, bi-directional internet connection, DSL or Cable
- Telephone: analog landline that meets one of these requirements:
- Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) – traditional landline phone service using a dedicated copper pair to the home
- Cable – phone service from a cable TV service provider
- Fiber-Optic – phone line provided by a local phone service
- The telephone must be corded traditional telephone
- Cellphone with headset
- Strong and consistent cellphone signal in location where work will be performed
For more information about the position and to apply please navigate to the following link:https://wsifb.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=wsifb, create a profile (if you haven’t done so already), and search for Customer Service Representative – WAH.
About IFB Solutions
IFB Solutions was founded in 1936. WSIFB is the largest employer of people who are blind or visually impaired in the United States. WSIFB operates manufacturing facilities in Winston-Salem, NC, Asheville, NC, and Little Rock, AK. WSIFB has 20 office supply stores in various government agencies and military bases. In addition, WSIFB also serves Veterans through its various VA optical centers across the country. WSIFB also provides outreach through A Brighter Path Foundation, which operates Community Low Vision Centers across North Carolina and Tracy’s Little Red Schoolhouse based in Winston-Salem. For more information visit http://www.ifbsolutions.org/ and http://www.ifbsolutionsfoundation.org/
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Including Veterans/Disabilities
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. IFB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, and disability or genetics.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.