IFB Race: Santa’s Showdown Winston-Salem
2019 Santa’s Showdown: Reindeer vs. Elves 2.5 Mile Race
Each year, before Christmas, Santa’s reindeer and elves battle it out to see who is faster. This is the kick-off to Christmas at the North Pole and Santa is bringing it to Lewisville! How does this work? Half the entrants will be designated as reindeer and half the entrants will be designated as elves. At the end of the race, the average time of each group (reindeer vs. elves) will be calculated. The group with the lowest average time will be declared the winner!
Race Information and Rules
- Race Date and Time: Sunday, December 8 at 2:45pm.
- Registration Costs:
- Oct 1 – Dec 7 – $40/runner
- Santa’s Little Helper Race (dogs running with their human) – $10/dog
*guide dogs run for free*
Online registration open: Click Here to Register
- All runners will be assigned a “role” of either reindeer or elf. They will not know which they are until packet pick-up
- There will be no switching roles. It would make life very difficult on our race scorers. Thank you for understanding.
- All participants MUST wear their race shirt on race day (either their reindeer shirt or elf shirt) and their assigned bib. Headgear that we provide runners (reindeer antlers and elf hat) are optional but encouraged.
- Online registration will close at 3:00pm on Saturday, December 7. In-person registration and packet pick-up will close on Saturday at 4:00pm.
- Packet/T-shirt pick-up will be Saturday, December 7 from 10:00am – 4;00pm and Sunday, December 8 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm at Lowes Foods in Lewisville at 177 Lowes Food Drive, Lewisville, NC 27023
- There will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Runners should arrive at the Lowes Foods staging area no later than 2:30pm to ensure their ability to participate in the race.
- The race will start at 2:45pm. There is a 30-minute time limit to get to the 2-mile mark (15-minute mile pace). All runners MUST be at the 2-mile mark of the race by 30 minutes after the start.
- We encourage all participants to stay and watch the Lewisville Christmas Parade after Santa’s Showdown.
- Each runner will receive an individual time, but the awards for the race will go to a group—either the reindeer or the elves. The group with the lowest average time for the 2.5-mile distance will have an ornament put on the Christmas Tree Trophy. (The elves won the inaugural race.)
- The only individual awards that will be distributed are top male/female reindeer and top male/female elf. But don’t fret, every race finisher will receive a small award/gift that Santa has designed himself.
- The Lewisville Christmas Parade will begin at approximately 3:15pm.
Current as of 9.11.2019. Information subject to change.
Gear Check Sponsor:
Twin City Track Club (TCTC)