IFB Solutions, formerly Arkansas Lighthouse for the Blind, will host its annual Little Rock On The Links Golf Tournament on Monday, May 8 at Pleasant Valley Country Club. Proceeds from this annual fundraiser will support IFB’s programs and services for people who are blind or visually impaired.
The tournament will be formatted as a four-person scramble. Players can register as a foursome ($900) or individually ($250). Individuals will be paired with other players.
- 11 a.m. – Registration and Mulligans; Driving Range Open; Putting in the Dark
- 11:20 a.m. – Lunch at Mixed Foursome Grill
- 12 p.m. – Welcome at Clubhouse
- 12:30 p.m. – Shotgun Start at Clubhouse
- 4:30 p.m. – Reception and Awards at Mixed Foursome Grill
PUTTING IN THE DARK
While there are many golf tournaments in central Arkansas, this event is unlike any other because it features a special opportunity to directly connect with the mission of the host organization. Little Rock On the Links will feature Putting in the Dark, an opportunity for players to test their golf skills without utilizing their sight. While putting, participants will wear a pair of glasses that simulates what it is like to be blind. A guide will use auditory cues to direct them to the hole.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- First Place Overall: $100 to the Pleasant Valley Country Club Pro Shop
- Second Place Overall: $75 to the Pleasant Valley Country Club Pro Shop
- Third Place Overall: Golf Balls
- Longest Drive: $50 to Outback Steakhouse
- Closest to the Hole: $50 to Outback Steakhouse
Registration is open now and will run through the day of the event. To register online, visit https://ifbsolutions.org/event/little-rock-on-the-links-golf-tournament/.
Corporate, individual and team sponsorship opportunities are available. Donations are welcome and appreciated. For more information and to inquire about becoming a sponsor, contact Ronda Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (870) 489-2481.