IFB Race: Santa’s Showdown
Every year, before Christmas, Santa’s reindeer and elves battle it out to find out who is faster. Do elves wrap presents faster than the reindeer can deliver them? This is the kick-off to Christmas at the North Pole and Santa is bringing it to Lewisville!
Register at RunSignUp.com.
Join us on Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 2:45pm to run the inaugural Santa’s Showdown: Reindeer vs. Elves 2.5 Mile Race. Will the reindeer or elves get to hang an ornament on the Christmas Tree Trophy? Make sure you stay and enjoy the annual Lewisville Christmas Parade directly after the race.
How does this work? Half the entrants will be designated as reindeer and half the entrants will be designated as elves. At the end of the race, the total times of each group (reindeer vs. elves) will be added together. The group with the lowest cumulative time will be declared the winner!
What does it benefit? Running in the inaugural Santa’s Showdown: Reindeer vs. Elves 2.5 Mile Race helps raise awareness and funds for IFB Solutions and the Lewisville Civic Club. IFB Solutions supports activities and training that bolster confidence, support independence and increase the life and job skills of people who are blind or visually impaired. The Lewisville Civic Club organizes events to improve community life and generally make the Lewisville community a good place to live and raise a family.
To donate directly to IFB Solutions on our secure website, please click here.
Packet Pickup: Packet Pick-up will be at Lowes Foods at 177 Lowes Foods Drive in Lewisville on the following days and times:
- Thursday, December 6 (Time TBA),
- Friday, December 7 (Time TBA), and
- Saturday, December 8 (start time TBA; will end at 5pm)
There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP. Sorry, no exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
START TIME: 2:45pm EST
END TIME: 3:15pm EST
Race Course: The race will begin on Shallowford Road near the starting point of the Lewisville Christmas Parade. Runners will run along the parade route on Shallowford Road in front of thousands of spectators waiting for the Christmas parade. Runners will turn right on on Shallowford at the roundabout, then right on Belnette Drive, followed by a left on Great Wagon Road, then a quick right back onto Belnette Drive to loop back to Shallowford and run back up the main parade route. At mile 2 (near the race start line), runners turn left on Lewisville Vienna Road, then right on Jennings road to reach the finish line in the Lowes Foods parking lot.
(Course map to follow soon.)
|REGISTRATION STARTING||REGISTRATION ENDING||PRICE|
|September 1, 2018, 8:00am EDT||October 15, 2018, 11:59pm EDT||$35.00 Race Fee|
|October 16, 2018, 12:00am EDT||November 15, 2018, 11:59pm EST||$40.00 Race Fee|
|November 16, 2018, 12:00am EST||December 8, 2018, 3:30pm EST||$45.00 Race Fee|
- All runners will be assigned a “role” of either reindeer or elf. They will not know which they are until packet pick-up.
- There will be no switching roles. It would make life very difficult on our race scorers. Thank you for understanding.
- All participants MUST wear their race shirt on race day (either their reindeer shirt or elf shirt) and their assigned bibs. Headgear that is provided (reindeer antlers and elf hat) are optional but encouraged.
- Online registration will close at 3:30pm on Saturday, December 8. In-person registration and packet pick-up will close on Saturday at 5:00pm.
- Packet pick-up will be Thursday, December 6 (Time TBD), Friday, December 7 (Time TBD), and Saturday, December 8 (will end at 5pm) at Lowes Foods in Lewisville at 177 Lowes Food Drive, Lewisville, NC 27023.
- There will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION and NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Event day parking is only allowed in pre-designated areas (maps coming soon). In order to park, drivers must have a parking pass. Parking passes will be distributed at packet pick-up. We encourage runners to carpool to this event.
- From the parking lots, runners and their parties will take a shuttle to the staging area at Lowes Foods.
- Shuttles will run between the staging area and the parking lot(s) from 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
- Runners should arrive at the Lowes Foods staging area no later than 2:30pm to ensure their ability to participate in the race.
- The race will start at 2:45pm. There is a 30-minute time limit to get to the 2-mile mark. All runners MUST be at the 2-mile mark of the race by 30 minutes after the start.
- Each finisher will receive a special Christmas gift after crossing the finish line. Only race finishers will receive this gift.
- We encourage all participants to stay and watch the Lewisville Christmas Parade after the event.
- Each runner will receive an individual time, but the awards for the race will go to a group—either the reindeer or the elves. The group with the lowest cumulative time will have an ornament put on the Christmas Tree Trophy. The only individual awards that will be distributed are top male/female reindeer and top male/female elf. But don’t fret, every race finisher will receive a small award/gift that Santa has designed himself.
- The Lewisville Christmas Parade will begin at approximately 3:15pm.
For additional details or questions, please contact Michelle Wells at 336-245-5608 or firstname.lastname@example.org