People First Fund
In March, with swift approval from our Board of Directors, the People First Fund (PFF) was created to help our employees during the coronavirus pandemic. Since its launch, hundreds of IFB employees, many of whom are blind or visually impaired, have received assistance with things like childcare when schools closed and financial help when work slowed. For those who contract the virus, recovery can be stressful.
The IFB Solutions executive team is committed to relieving stress with this Fund. To better assist those who are directly affected by the virus, we are refining the qualifications for PFF.
Employees will still need to apply for PFF assistance. See your supervisor for information.
Beginning Monday, July 20th, 2020, all employees directly affected by COVID-19 may qualify for compensation or benefits including, but not limited to, the following scenarios:
- Employees who are furloughed or temporarily laid off due to a work shortage that is expected to resolve reasonably soon enabling the employee to return to work.
- Employees who contract COVID-19.
- Employees who have a member of their immediate household contract COVID-19 and are therefore subject to a quarantine.
- Employees who are otherwise required by IFB Solutions to temporarily stay out of the facility due to a COVID-19 related reason, including:
- employees that are part of an IFB Solutions and / or official state or local public health contact tracing initiative or
- other COVID-19 related reasons at the discretion of IFB Solutions.
- Employees indirectly affected by COVID-19 that do not qualify for PFF will be required to use available PTO for excused absences due to COVID-19 (e.g. quarantine).
- Unless, or until revised, the People First Fund end date is December 31, 2020
Human Resources, Coronavirus Response Team members and/or the executive team will review any unique circumstances.