|Position title: HR-Benefits Specialist
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Coordinate the administration of benefits program such as major medical, dental, group life, pension and other benefits. Analyze data and bench mark industry trends. Work closely with brokers and vendors on plan design. Consults and advises employees on eligibility provision and other matters related to benefits program; support planning and coordination of open enrollment activities Maintain benefit records and document for implementing coverage. Ensures compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Administer company health plans, including providing information and processing of related documentation.
– Determines employee benefit programs by benchmarking best practices, researching industry trends, tracking legislation, and estimating impact.
– Analyze data and identify solutions for controlling costs.
– Evaluates proposed employee benefit contracts by studying provisions.
– Explains employee benefits by conducting meetings, preparing written and graphic announcements while responding to requests.
– Provides daily support to employees relating to benefits (such as; medical, Life,
health, vision, dental, retirement, etc.) and/or other related situations (such as:
FMLA, ADA, etc.).
– Ensures compliance with ACA, ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA and other Federal/State requirements as needed.
– Works cross-functionally with other IFB departments to deliver exceptional customer service and build cohesive interdepartmental relationships.
-Support planning and coordination of open enrollment activities at all company locations including preparing employee communication material.
– Monitor and approve vendor invoicing to ensure accuracy.
– Assists with new hire orientation administration.
– Enters and ensures accurate data entry into the HRIS systems.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
-Knowledge of ACA, ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, and other Federal and State requirements.
-Proficient with HRIS systems and ability to generate necessary report.
-Experience managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating a sense of urgency.
-Ability to learn new systems quickly and improve efficiency.
-Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through to completion.
-Effective communication, writing and grammar skills, paying great attention to details.
-Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
-Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Education and work experience:
– 5+ years of directly related work experience.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or human resources required.
Interested applicants, please send resume to Kristine Southern: firstname.lastname@example.org