This position is an as-needed position and the candidate MUST be located in Statesville.
Job Description: Drive automobiles and vans to transport passengers.
Reports to: HR Representative
Location: Statesville, NC
- Test vehicle equipment such as lights, brakes, horns, or windshield wipers, to ensure proper operation.
- Notify supervisor or company mechanics of vehicle problems.
- Drive company cars to transport passengers.
- Follow regulations governing van operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Pick up passengers at prearranged locations, or by cruising streets in high traffic areas.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance such as regulating tire pressure and adding gasoline, oil, and water.
- Communicate with supervisor telephone, or computer to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Complete accident reports when necessary.
- Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting vehicles, and help them with any luggage.
- Listing of all passengers and telephone numbers.
- Other duties as assigned when not driving vehicle, such as performing cleaning duties in the facility.
Experience/Education: Must have high school diploma or GED. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.